Friday, July 30, 2010

C25K W6D2

Quick post as we are headed to lake house early this afternoon. AND... I go to pick up our daughter from camp in the morning! No, I haven't heard from her since Sunday, but I have seen photos every day and she looks like she's having a wonderful time. (And, no sunburn! )

I ran Week 6 Day 1 of Couch to 5K today. You are supposed to do two 10 minute runs. I ran at the park so I could watch the 1/4 miles. During the first run, I hit 1/2 mile at 8 mins 16 secs. If I could keep up that pace, it'd be a lot better than my mile last week - 17 min 50 secs. (To do the math, it'd be 16 mins 31 secs.)

For the second run, I picked up the speed near the end. At the 1/2 mile mark, I was closer to 8.5 mins - don't remember exactly. BUT... I still had energy and so I pushed on!!! I wanted to get to the 3/4 mile mark, and I did it! I ran 3/4 miles in 12 mins 20 secs. That would be a mile in 16 mins 6 secs or so. On my next run (25 minutes!!!), I hope to get a mile in under 16 mins. Or, maybe I hope to just survive for 25 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment