Thursday, July 15, 2010

Disappointing Run, but Today I Swam/Ran/Biked!

I had to run on a treadmill today. I really don't like running on a treadmill and this is the first time I've done it since starting C25K. Anyway, I forgot my iPod and the PodCast was supposed to help me find my pace.

I started walking. First of all, I was disappointed to see that my "warm up" was only a 20 min/mile! Then, when I started my 'run' (jog), I was only going a 16.5 min/mile. Yikes! I know it isn't about speed at this point, but I thought I was going about 13-14 min/mile.

Another disappointment: on week 4 you are supposed to run the following mins: 3-5-3-5. Monday was my first try and I made 3-5-3-3, so I changed the last 5 to a 3. Today? Hmmm... I ran 3-3-2. That was it! I turned off the treadmill after 22 minutes. I just couldn't (or wouldn't) do it.

Another thing was that I was wearing my HRM. My HR is supposed to stay between 134-150. Well, I don't know what is "dangerous" (I'll do some research), but at the 3 minute mark it was up to 162. Maybe that's fine... but I wasn't sure and didn't want to push it.

That being said, I have worked out hard all week long. And, I had already swam 30 minutes 3 hours before this (675 yards... including my first official 100 yards!). I did have some energy left, though, and got on my favorite stationary bike... the Expresso (virtual...kind of game like). I ended up riding a fairly flat course of 3.67 miles in 21 minutes! Not bad for me.

So, I kind of did my own tri today. I swam. I ran. I biked. (Though the swimming was at 6:30 and the running & biking were at 10:00.)

Tomorrow I plan on swimming in the morning and then trying my first 10 mile bike ride (on the Expresso). I'll be running again on Saturday - outside! - and hope to get back to some 5 minute runs!!! If not, though, I'll keep pushing myself and I'll get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment