Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Weigh In, Cancelled Plans, & Breathing While Swimming

First of all, I had my weekly weigh in this morning. I'm glad the scale is still moving, but I only lost 1/2 pound this week. (Total lost: 6.5 pounds in 6 weeks.) Kind of disappointing, but hopefully next week will be more.

As far as workouts today, I had 2 planned: swimming with my friends and workout with trainer. Well, the first got cancelled because my hubby needed to go into work early. So, I swam in the backyard. The second is cancelled because my daughter is sick... or maybe she ate something bad. Either way, we need to stay home today as she was vomitting last night. She doesn't have a fever, so I hope she's fine tomorrow. (She's supposed to be in camp all week.) So, I'll be using Wii Boxing, I think.

As far as the breathing, I learned something from a book I'm reading! I've been swimming my first 25 yards with only about 3 breaths because it is so nice and relaxing. Then, on the 2nd 25 yards, I'm really wearing out and having to breathe a lot... and then I have to stop and catch my breath.

Well, in this book (I'll look up name), it said that to swim distances you need to breathe every 2nd or 3rd breath. I tried both today, and prefer every 3rd. So, I tried that today and it helps SO MUCH! I was able to swim 100 yards twice!!! Well, actually, I'm swimming 96 yards since my pool is 12 yards across. So, I swim 8 times across (instead of the normal 4 you'd do in a "real" pool), and that is my "100." I'm not counting this as a "goal met" (my goal was to swim100 yards) until I do it in the big pool and feel like it is official, but I'm sure I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment