Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rain & 3 Minute Runs

I started C25K W3 on Thursday. This is the start of 3 minute running. During the workout, you do two 90 second runs and two 3 minute runs.

On Thursday, I ran this with a friend and pushed myself... and made it! It felt SO good, but it was really hard.

Last night my daughter had a slumber party that another mother and myself supervised. We stayed up late and didn't get a lot of sleep so I took a nap when I got home. At about 10:30, despite the heat and really high humidity, I went running.

I did my first run in the rain! It was kind of fun and it made me feel more like a runner. It actually felt good as it was really hot out.

Also, I realized that the 90 second runs actually seem pretty easy now! When I first was running the 60 second runs, they seemed SO LONG. But, I was surprised at how easy it was today.

The 3 minute runs, on the other hand, are VERY hard. Both times I didn't think I could do it, but I did! I know they'll get easier. I'm actually doing every "week" 4 times (so it takes more than a week) as I'm really new to this and I feel this is still really pushing myself.

One question... when you get a stitch in your side while running, what should you do? Stop? Push through it? Stretch? Drink more water? I had one on my 2nd 90 seconds and I had to walk and drank more water. I was fine the rest of the run. I guess I'll do some research, but would also appreciate any input!

Tomorrow's my rest day... yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment