Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today's Early Run...5:30 am!

I got up at 5:15 am and was out the door by 5:30. I headed to the Y expecting to see a few cars. I think there were 50-60! Wow! There are a LOT of people who work out early!

They have an indoor track that is 1/13th of a mile long. I was running W4D3 where you have two 3 minute runs and two 5 minute runs. The first time I attempted this, I changed the second 5 mins to only 3. The second time, I didn't have a timer so I ran 1/4 mile runs instead. But, today, I DID IT!!! I ran both 3 minute runs and both 5 minute runs! Yeah for me!!!

And, I wasn't even dying! I could have kept runnning... at least a little longer.

I've done every other run 5 times, so I'm debating on whether to go on or stick with week 4. I think I'll probably stay to be safe, but I'm still deciding.

Oh, and I wore my HRM for the first time running. In 32 minutes, I burned 255 calories! Wow! I could burn over 500 calories if I could do this for an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment