Wednesday, July 28, 2010

C25K W6D1

I completed C25K (Couch to 5K) W6D1 (week 6 day 1) today. I actually swam for 500 yards first as morning was the only time I could fit it in today. I did take about a 30 minute break before running.

It went really well! W6D1 has three runs: 5 minutes, 8 minutes, and 5 minutes. I ran really slow (like a turtle!) the first 5 and 8 minute runs. But, I decided to pick up the pace for the last run. And, I ended up running 7 minutes instead of 5 for the last one! I love that I'm actually having EXTRA energy and not being wiped out by these days!

In the 8 minute "slow" run, I went .48 miles. But, in the 7 minutes "faster" run, I went .44 miles! I'm guessing the first pace is about 16.5 and the second if less than 15. Yeah! I had been disappointed last week when I did W5D3 and it took 17 min 40 sec to go one mile. Would love to be running around 15 or 16 minute miles instead. Though I know it isn't about speed right now!

I'm ready for day 2! I plan on running the first 10 minutes slowly and picking up speed for the second 10. I'm loving this!

No comments:

Post a Comment