Monday, August 2, 2010

C25K W6D3 & Weekend

Hi, everyone. Well, first of all, I picked my daughter up from camp on Saturday morning. Yes, I cried when I saw her! She looked great and happy and I hadn't talked to her since the Sunday before! And, she's an only child and I homeschool her, so we are together a LOT. I missed her so much, but was thrilled she had such a wonderful time. I got to meet some of her new friends and she's spent at least an hour telling me about all that she did. She/I can't wait for next year's camp!

This weekend, we went back to our new lake house. I actually didn't realize that having a lake house would be this much fun. One thing that is really nice is that we are sharing it with some friends. They have two children - a boy that is almost 7 (my dd is 9) and a baby who is 3.5 months. Well, my dd and the older boy played for hours in their room. It is so nice! As an 'only', I am often my dd's playmate... or she is 'bored.' So, just to have her enjoy that time and to not have to entertain her was wonderful! I had plenty of time to read.

We also take turns with the kids. The other dad took the two older kids fishing on our dock while I took a nap. Then, I watched all 3 while the other couple went out on the jet skis. (My dh was in town running errands.) I'm enjoying getting to hold the baby, too!

Yesterday, I ran C25K W6D3 by the lake. First of all, it was so quiet there! I only saw 3 other people between 6:30 and 7:10. Also, I need mace! There were 5 big dogs on my path... 4 of which were not chained or penned in! I was a little scared when they barked at me, but none of them chased me.

Anyway, for week 6 day 3, you are supposed to run 25 minutes. Well, I was running on our hilly land (at home it is totally flat) and I STILL had extra energy. I ended up going 30 minutes straight! I was thrilled! That is the end goal (for time - distance is another story) for C25K.

So, I've decided to work on distance now (and some speed). I'll start week 7 by checking out the distances and trying to meet those.

Lastly, we do not eat healthy foods out at the lake! The first night we had leftover pizza. I did good - only had one piece and some yogurt. (We had only bananas - I'll start brining veggies and fruit!) For two other meals, we grilled out steak and high-fat hamburgers and sausage. I told my dh that we'll have to start bringing chicken they can gril me. Or I'll be eating PB&J or something! I can't keep eating like this. I did have oatmeal & water when we went out to breakfast Sunday. But, I reverted to my old habits and had a chocolate bar on the way home. I get so sleepy and I want chocolate!

But, I'm back on track this morning and plan on doing zumba with my dd this afternoon. Have a happy, healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment