Tuesday, August 3, 2010

C25K W7D1... I guess!

Today I attempted to do C25K (couch to 5K) W7D1 (week 7 day 1) which is a 25 minute run. Well, I did pitifully! And, that was strange because I've been 'killing' the times the past 4 or 5 runs... I've been going more than is required each day. For example, W6D3 I ran for 30 mins, instead of 25.

Anyway, it was hot, my iPod was dead, and my leg started hurting. I only ran 8 minutes... Yep! Just 8 minutes. I walked the rest of the way for a total of only 1.25 miles. It was pitiful!

I really don't know if I was listening to my body or whimping out. I was afraid to really hurt my leg. And, I knew I had my personal trainer in a few hours. I usually don't run on trainer days. Anyway, I just gave up and thought "I'll try again tomorrow... or Thursday."

I did have an incredible workout with my trainer today, though. And, I ate well today! So, overall I'm happy with today. But, I can't wait to try Week 7 again! I WILL do it next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment