Wednesday, August 4, 2010

C25K W7D1... redo!

Well, I redid W7D1 today as yesterday's run was such a flop. First of all, my hubby had to go to work early so I knew I needed to get up early. I set the alarm, but forgot to check it and it didn't go off. So, I didn't have quite as much time as I hoped for/needed.

I forgot to check my HRM before I headed out the door and spent 4 minutes trying to descretely wet my HRM strap to get it working. I finally took it off and got it wet and put it back on - all while doing my warmup walk.

I started running and it felt a lot better than yesterday. But, after awhile, my legs started getting really heavy and I was really thirsty. I used to run with a water bottle, but haven't been needing it (plus I read that it keeps you lopsided), so I stopped. I could have used the water today!

When I got to a certain point, I looked at my watch/HRM and couldn't belive at how quickly I'd run that stretch. Man, I must be flying! Oh, yea.... my HRM wasn't working the first 4 minutes so I'm actually 4 minutes slower than I thought.

I ended up running 19.5 minutes (because that's the time it was when I got home). Actually, I passed the house at 18.5 minutes and was headed for 20 mins, but a neighbor came out and I said "hi" and stopped. Anyway, in 18.5 minutes I only ran 1.08 miles. Yes, I'm a turtle! But, hey! I'm running over a mile without a break! That's something to be really proud of!!!

In the 24 minutes I was out, I went 1 1/3 miles. Not bad! And, I hope to get a full run in on Friday and Sunday.

I hope you all have happy, healthy days!!! I'm headed to the gym in awhile, with my daughter, to cycle and probably do an elliptical - her favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment