Saturday, August 7, 2010

40 Minute Run! (C25K W7D3)

Today I finished C25K W7D3. I'm on to week 8!

W7D3 is a 25 minute run. I started off thinking I couldn't possibly go for 25 minutes. We were at the lake house and it was HOT. I started about an hour after I usually run. I'd eaten really poorly the day before - and I just didn't think I had it in me. Plus, as the times are getting longer, the distances seem impossible!

Anyway, there are a lot of hills on this run. One goes on for about 3 blocks! Another one is short, about a block, but it is steep! Well, I ran them all!

I kept pushing myself and saying "just 2 more minutes" or "just to the next street" and I kept going. I finally got to the point that I was looking for a cut-through street to get back to our street - and couldn't find one. I ran, and ran, and no street! I started thinking about turning around, but I knew there must be another street. (Our new lake house is on a penisula and we live on one edge - I was running along the other edge.)

I FINALLY found a cut-through street and took it. Then, when I figured out where I was, I decided I'd better keep running or it'd be a LONG walk! So, I ended up running for 40 minutes! I couldn't believe it! And, then I had to walk 9 more minutes to get home. So, I was out for 54 minutes (including warmup). My poor husband was actually getting worried and said he was hopping in the car in 15 minutes.

Anyway, I was so excited to plot my run on MapMyRun. I've never run 1 1/2 miles and I just KNEW I'd probably ran 2 miles. (But, remember the hills???) Well, I was SHOCKED to see that, even with my walk, I'd not even gone 2 miles! It turned out to be 1.92 miles!!! In 54 minutes! UGH!!!

Next, I plotted just my run. SURELY I'd run at least 1 1/2 miles! In 40 minutes??? NOPE! I ran 1 1/3 mile! UGH!!! I can't believe it! Again, I'd love some reassurance that it was the hills. I really didn't feel like I was going that slow!

So, now I'm going to make that my weekend run and keep trying to improve my pace. I did it in 54 minutes today. My goal next week... 51 minutes??? Can I do it???

And, I have a goal this week - I WILL run 1.5 miles on one of my runs. I WILL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment