Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sprints on a Treadmill

My daughter and I went to the gym today where we did a machine that can act like an elliptical or a stair climber (do you know what it's called? I don't!), treadmills, and recumbant bikes.

The biggest part of our workout was on the treadmill. (And, I'd already run 20 minutes this morning!) I usually don't like treadmills, but I tried doing sprints today. (I think that is what I was doing.)

So, I started out walking and then switched to where I would run for 1 minute and then walk for 1.5 minutes. I ran faster for each run. The last 3 (of 6) runs were at a speed of 13.02 minute miles. My usual speed is closer to a 17 minute mile, so this was fast for me!

I really enjoyed it! And, it was challenging. I don't really enjoy doing 'long' runs on a treadmill, so this is a way I can use my treadmill time!

By the way, my triceps are sore today! My trainer had me do 100 tricep pulls yesterday. Every time I had to stop, he let me take a break, but he'd add 5 pounds to the weight! Yikes! I had to stop 3 times... and it was SO hard! But, it was evidentally a great workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment