Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Today's Run was HARD!!! (C25K W8D1)

Completed W8D1 today. It was hard and I didn't enjoy it much. It was hot (already 84 degrees by the time I was done at 7 am), humid, I'm sore from an hour with personal trainer yesterday doing legs, and I was trying to run faster. Someone also mentioned that I might not have eaten well after workout yesterday. I didn't! I finished at noon and only ate a 200 calorie lunch - then took a nap. After dinner, I'd only eaten 1,000 calories and had to 'squeeze in' another 400. I hope I feel better on my next run, because this just wasn't enjoyable! I have usually been enjoying my runs.

Oh! And, with trying to run faster, my HR was usually 158 instead of 146 like usual. Maybe that was it, too???

Anyway, I was faster - finished a mile in 16 mins 20 secs. Last time I ran a mile and calculated it was 17 min 40 secs. But, I think I need to stop trying to go so fast - at least until I'm done with C25K. I need to concentrate on time and not distance and speed.

On a very positive note, I ran over a mile and a half for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment