Sunday, August 15, 2010

Running 5Ks

Hi, everyone. Sorry I've been MIA the past few days. We were at the lake house this weekend and we don't have internet service! I'll be trying to catch up with everyone, but I might just jump in tomorrow as this is the last week before school starts and I have so much to do!

Some of you might remember my run last weekend. I was at the lake house and was thrilled to run 40 minutes straight! But, was disappointed when I used "map my run" and it showed I only ran 2 miles. Ew!

Well, I just couldn't believe that was only 2 miles... so I drove it this weekend. I was right! (And, "map my run" wasn't wrong, I'd just drawn it wrong!) My run was 3.1 miles... a 5K!!! So, last weekend I ran a 5K in 54 minutes - on my HILLS!

So, yesterday (Saturday), I ran it again!!! This time, in 52 minutes. But, I had a HARD time. I didn't have any water and the temps are hitting over 100 here. It was early (6:30), but still HOT. I was concerned for awhile, but I made it.

Today, I did it AGAIN!!! I know I'm not "supposed" to run back to back - especially long runs - but the weekends are my best days to run as I don't have to worry about my hubby's work schedule. So, I ran with a water bottle - much better! But, I was also more tired. On Saturday I ran for 40 minutes... today I ran for 25 minutes (and a few more short runs). And, even with all the walking, I did it in 54 minutes.

My first 'real' 5K is September 11th and I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment