Monday, August 30, 2010

Weeekend Workouts

I had a great weekend. All of my husband's family flew in and went to our new lake house. (There are a grand total of 9 of us.) My sister-in-law is training for a half-marathon in November (and marathon next spring) and we were going to workout together.

On Friday, I swam laps in the lake for the first time. I'd tried once before, but the waves were high and I gave up quickly. The lake was really smooth this day and I did 14 'laps' between my neighbor's boat docks. I am guessing they are about 22 yards each. I need to bring my goggles and swim cap, but I'll definitely be trying to swim laps each time we go out.

On Saturday morning, we were supposed to get up at 6:30 to run our '5k' around the peninsula. Well, she didn't sleep well, so I went by myself! It was cooler than it has been and I set a new personal record!!! My fastest had been 52 minutes... this time it was 49 mins 20 secs! My 'real' 5K is in 2 weeks and I'm hoping to run it in 45 minutes or less. It is a lot flatter than my hilly peninsula.

That afternoon we worked out on our boat dock. We did some upper/lower/core exercises. We probably only did about 15 minutes, but got a lot in. And, it'd been awhile since I'd done any weight trianing. Something I learned from the experience... I don't need 30 mins or an hour to workout... just squeeze it in where you can!

On Sunday, we went to run sprints... my first time. I know some of you don't recommend it for new runners. Anyway, it was hard!!! But, I was surprised that it got easier. On my last sprint, I felt like I was flying. We ended up running/walking for an hour and went 3.66 miles. (Our walking portion was really slow - and the sprints were really fast!)

Tonight's workout got cancelled because the a/c went out & I had to wait for a tech. It won't be fixed (probably) until Wednesday. Oh, well! I hope to workout at the Y tomorrow while dd is at co-op. On Thursday I'm getting back with my trainer after 3 weeks. And I'll run on the peninsula again on Friday.

I'm not being as faithful to either exercise or my eating, but I'm still getting better, faster, and thinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment