Monday, June 14, 2010

Learning to Run! Without Pain!

So, last week I did Week 1 of C25K and my calfs were KILLING me every timeI ran. I bought some new shoes at Fleet Feet this weekend and thought that would solve my problem. It didn't! I was re-doing W1 so a friend could join me and, at about my 4th of 8th runs, I started thinking "I HATE running!" It just felt so painful, but just in my calves.

During my 5th run, a lady ran past me. I was barely shuffling along breathing easily... she was kicking her feet back towards her bottom. Hmmm.... maybe I should give that a try? So, I sped up a little and started kicking more. IT WORKED!!! NO PAIN!!!
I ran 3 more times with the same result... NO PAIN! But, boy was I huffing & puffing. emoticon

I'm a little disappointed that my new running buddy can't join me at all this week. I knew she couldn't today, but her plans changed. Then, next week I can't do it with her. So, I'm not sure when we'll actually run together! Right now, I'm trying to decide if I should go on to week 2 or stick with week 1 on Wednesday.
Anyway, I'm pleased to have completed my fourth day of "running!" emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment