Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Couch to 5K Day 1 & Day 2

Yesterday, I joined the Couch to 5K group and did my first walk/jog. Today, I did my second. You are supposed to take a break, but I wouldn't have been able to get 3 days in this week without doing it this week.


First of all, I can't believe how much energy I have! I am now on my 9th day and feeling so good! I've been keeping up and exceeding my goals. It just feels great!!!

Yesterday, I did a 20 minute cardio video, a 7 minute stretch, did my 35 minutes of warmup, walk/jog, and cool down, and did some lower body work! So far today, I've just done my 35 minute walk/jog, but I plan on doing some upper body work later.

My daughter was at her swim team practice this morning and when I went to pick her up I started talking to another mom who is a friend of mine. She wants to join me on my goal to a 5K! She said her husband has been asking her to run with him for a long time, but he is a "real runner" and she just can't jump in. So, we are going to do this together!!! I'm so excited, as I know this will be easier. There are some logistics to work out with our children, but we just HAVE to make it work!

So, I'm off to eat another healthy lunch... I feel like spreading the Spark everywhere! I love Spark People!

No comments:

Post a Comment