Thursday, June 17, 2010

Rocket Fuel & Positive Bedtimes

Yesterday I went to the bookstore to look for an exercise journal (bought one!) and books about 5Ks and triathlons. I ended up getting a beginners book for triathlons. (Oh, and do you have a favorite book about 5Ks? triathlons? eating/living healthy &/or exercise? I'd love some recommendations.)

Anyway, I read portions of several (my daughter was at camp) and I came away with 2 major thoughts:

"Food is my rocket fuel." It really is! And, I've been thinking about food differently. With my tracking, when I get to my last snack of the night I look and ask myself "What else does my body need today?" Maybe some fiber? or calcium? or even fat? (Yes, I often need more fat.) When I'm tempted, I'm going to try and remember that fact... "Food is Rocket Fuel."

The other thought was that, when you are lying in bed at night, you should tell yourself what "positives" happend that day. For example, yesterday I did C25K W1D5... and I made it! I wanted to quit, but I didn't! And, I've been "running" for 5 days now!!! That has never happened. Also, I swam 250 yards. That's a LOT for me. And, I did my longest stretch without stopping ever... 125 yards! (It wasn't pretty, but I tried to do it and I did it!) I'm also working on the goal of 200 crunches & 100 pushups... well, yesterday I did 80 crunches & 19 modified pushups. That's big for me!

Maybe these 2 thoughts will help you:
Food is your rocket fuel.
End your day by reviewing what went right.

Happy Thursday! I hope you fuel up and do some things you can be proud of tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment