Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Personal Trainer...Kind Of...

I went back to the gym I joined yesterday. For now, it is a 7 day trial membership. It is just a small gym, but part of a larger chain. And, the owner is wonderful.

I will be going to the gym Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri this week (while my dd is at camp), and the owner is "training" me each of those days... for free! (I'm thinking about offering to pay for it - especially as I'm really not sure if this is the gym I'll stick with.)

Anyway, today I did the elliptical for 8 minutes to warm up. Since he was till busy, I went ahead and did my walk/run for C25K. I ran twice for 2 minutes, once for 1.5 minutes, and once for 1 minute. I really don't feel very natural on the treaadmill and my knee just started hurting (barely) so I thought I better back off.

After that, the trainer worked my core and legs for about 45 minutes. It felt great and all but one of the exercises I'll be able to do at home without a machine. Tomorrow we'll be working on my arms.

It felt to exercise again... I haven't done anything in the past 3 days! I hope to swim laps tonight, but there is a pretty good chance of rain.

Oh... and I weighed in again this morning (my usual days are Tuesday & Friday) and I'm down 1.5 pounds! So, I actually lost a half pound while on vacation! Yippee!

I'm feeling great!!! I can accomplish anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment