Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Can You DO a 5K from 'the couch'?

I just posted this question on the C25K forum, but thought I'd add it to my blog, too. I'm wondering if others on the C25K program are really starting from the couch or do they start exercising in other ways first.

You see, I haven't done aerobic exercise in about a year and a half. I did one week of Wii Fit and then jumped into running. (And, I'm at least 20 pounds overweight.) As I've mentioned, the first 3.5 days of running, my calves were burning but I was breathing fine. Then, I figured out a different way to run that totally relieved the pain in my calves, but now I'm huffing & puffing.

Today was my first full day with this new style. I huffed & puffed & was walking very slowly between jogs just to catch my breath. At this rate, I think I'll be on week 1 for a long time. emoticon

I'm proud of myself for doing 5 days of walking/jogging emoticon, but wondering if I'm trying to do too much too soon. **sigh** I will keep this up, though, and am determined to run a 5K this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment