Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 10: Nothing But Hot Dogs

I took my daughter to Watermelon Camp today. It's our church's version of VBS and it only lasts a day. The moms stay and it lasts about 5 hours out in the heat. The kids have a lesson, do crafts, go on a nature walk, and swim. And, we have lunch.

I knew that lunch would be hot dogs & watermelon, so I brought a bag of nuts. My plan was to just eat watermeon and nuts. Bad idea! It was hot and we were there a LONG time. By 12:30, when lunch was served (and they didn't bring the watermelon out until later), I knew I HAD to eat a hot dog or my body would protest. So, I ate a hot dog... and it didn't blow my diet!

I was proud of myself for passing up the chips and cookies - they didn't even tempt me! And, I ate 4 slices of watermelon and drank five 8 oz glasses of water during the day! I felt great!

I just love how I'm craving healthy foods and that my body isn't even wanting junk food. I can't believe it has happened so fast! (I'm only on Day 10!)

No comments:

Post a Comment