Friday, September 10, 2010

My "First" 5K is TOMORROW!

Well, I have worked HARD to get to this point! I started running on June 3rd with C25K (couch to 5K). At first you have to run 1 minute at a time, and it was so hard!!! When we bumped it up to 3 minutes, I was so proud of myself! I felt like I'd run a marathon - it was that difficult and I was really proud of myself.

I have now been running over 3 miles since August 8th, so for the past month! I am confident I CAN run my 5K tomorrow, though hoping my cramps don't return!

I actually have ran/walked two 5Ks in the past. They were both in 2003 with my brother. At the time, I was exercising pretty regularly, but had not run outside at all and was just trying to run on a treadmill - without a plan and without much success. So, for both 5Ks I just ran until I couldn't run anymore, then walked while I recovered, then ran again! My times were: 49 mins 30 secs and 46 mins. (They were not chip timed, so not exact times, either.) I'm hoping to run in 45 minutes tomorrow, but that'd be a little faster than I've ever done it. For the past few weeks I'm averaging 15 mins 30 secs per mile, though I have run 1 mile in 15 mins.

Another issue... they've lost my bag! One of the organizers is someone I've known for many years. She told me she'd drop my bag off at my house instead of my having to go to one of the pickup places. Well, she put it at the wrong house! (next door) And, they told me they never saw a package! So, this lady is busy getting me a new bib & chip & goody bag... and she's having to get a t-shirt from another organizer as she only has 2XL left. She's supposed to give me a call sometime today for me to come to her house and get it! It does have me a little stressed, but it'll work out.

So, thanks for ALL of your support, fellow SPers! Here I go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment