Monday, September 27, 2010

Countdown to My Half...180 Days

My sister-in-law and I chose a half marathon to run together. It is half a year away. 6 months. 180 days. It is on March 27th in Dallas, TX. My sister-in-law will still be running the HM in late November, too, but I'll just be running the 5K. I'm just not ready and I have a lot going on between then and now.

Unfortunately, though I felt my tummy troubles were over this morning, my stomach has hurt off and on all day. Right now, I'm sipping on an apple cider hoping the heat will help.

So, what did I do for "training" today? (Yep! I'm "in training!") I went for a walk with my daughter and our 2 chihuahuas. We probably walked about 3/4 of a mile. Not a lot, but I'm not the only one that needs to exercise! I need to get my daughter active, too. This is the first year she isn't in sports and we haven't been doing much.

After that, my daughter went for a bike ride while I walked at a pretty fast pace. Again, I think we went about 3/4 of a mile. I ran a short ways, but wasn't dressed to run and I have my 'speed' run on the treadmill tomorrow.

So, this is my plan for the week:
Sunday - I was sick :-(
Monday - light workout with daughter
Tuesday - speed work on treadmill plus a little strength training
Wednesday - walk while daughter rides bike
Thurdsay - workout w/trainer - upper & lower strength; 30 minute run
Friday - REST DAY
Saturday - 5K!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment