Saturday, September 25, 2010

Great Long Run... Now I'm Reconsider the Half

I had a GREAT long run today. My longest run before had been 3.5 miles which I've done 3 times in past 2 weeks. Today, I ran for 4.45 miles!!! It took 1 hour and 12 minutes, but it felt EASY all the way! And, I could have kept going, but my hubby needed to leave the house and I needed to get back to be with our daughter.

So, now I'm once again reconsidering the half marathon my sister-in-law will be running Nov 21st. I had decided to just do the 5K, but I could do so much more!!! But, can I do 13.1 miles... hmmm...

I think I'll see how the next few weeks go before I sign up. The cost will go up on Friday, but only $10. And, this way I hope to get in at least 2 more long runs and see how I'm going.

My goal next weekend: run 1 hour 30 minutes - that should be about 6 miles or maybe 5.75. That's almost halfway there! So, we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment