Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Half Marathon Training Day #1???

I had a great run on the treadmill today. I did my fastest mile ever - 14 mins 17 secs. And, I ran for several minutes at a 13 min 57 sec pace. I ended up doing 2 miles at 14 mins 30 secs. It felt great!!!

So, my sister-in-law is running a half marathon on Nov 21st. I had NO plan on running with her, but I'm starting to wonder... as she's started hinting... (Of course, she did a 10K last month while I just did my first 5K.)

She sent me a great training schedule - but I have several conflicts... for example, I have two 5Ks coming up, and I should be running farther on those days. And, I'm taking my daughter on a trip for 6 days in late October - there will be just the 2 of us in the room, so I can't really leave her.

I'm thinking about just starting the training and seeing how it goes. I do NOT want to hurt myself. And, I know I can run/walk the 13.1 miles... 13.1 miles?!?! That's a LONG way!!!

Oh, my........ what to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment