Wednesday, July 27, 2011

They will tel you "no", and you will tell them "yes!"

SUZWARNR posted an incredible Nike quote that really spoke to me. I gave a pretty emotional response - both through my tears & my words! I thought I'd share it here...

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES"

This is a TERRIFIC quote! What was I told that I couldn't do???

...sing solos...and as an adult I get a lot of positive comments when I sing (in the congregation at church, etc), but in the back of my mind I wonder & am still afraid to ever sing a solo!

...play piano 'real' well because my fingers were too short...but I found a piano teacher who taught me (3 years ago!) I just didn't have to play the songs that needed 'big' hands...or I could modify them! I play the piano wonderfully!

...in the past few months, 'you can't run a half marathon!', 'you can't run a triathlon!'...OH YES I CAN!!! And, I DID!!! AND I WILL DO MORE!!! And, yes, it HURTS to hear those things & I want to scream!!! But, my actions are proving that I CAN ACCOMPLISH WHAT I SET OUT TO ACCOMPLISH!

Whew! There's more pain inside than I realized!

What has someone told you you couldn't do??? Are you showing them that YES, you CAN!

As a comment on SUZWARNR's post, my friend SLEEPYDEAN wrote about a shirt that says "I'M DOING IT". YES! I AM doing it! And, I want that shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment