Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Running Coach & Pilates Reformer

So, I went for an initial consult with a running coach today. She is the same coach who talked me back into the water after I panicked during an open water swim clinic before my sprint triathlon. She trains both runners & triathletes.

The consult went very well! She showed me some plans she'd created for other runners. She is very detailed and lays out each days workout including distance and speed. I liked it! My main goal, right now, is to increase SPEED! So, I signed up for a 7 week program which will take me to a local 5K...the same 5K that was my first 5K last year after I finished C25K (Couch to 5K). Last year, I did it in 46:30. This year, I HOPE to break 35 minutes! My current PR is 36:40.

After discussing the training, she gave me a free 30 minute pilates reformer sessions. WOW! I've never done pilates before, and I REALLY enjoyed it! I felt I had a wonderful stretch AND strengthening time! I will be doing some pilates with her...starting next week! I might do this instead of my 'regular' personal trainer, which I haven't had since early May.

I'm excitedly waiting for my new schedule. I think it'll start on Monday. In the meantime, I go to my 2nd group run on Saturday...IF we don't head to the lake! I decided to run with the marathon group - at least to give it a try - as the half marathon group is only doing 2 miles. The marathon group is running 4 miles on Saturday.

Besides doing the pilates reformer next week, I'm doing a TREADMILL TEST with my trainer on Monday! I'm excited to see what that 'shows' us. Another part of the plan, which I'll use in the next week or two, is a track session with her. I'm interested in what she can teach me!

I had a great workout today! I did Wii Active 2 'cardio burning - hard', which I've never done before. It took about 52 minutes and I burned almost 275 calories. And, it was HARD!!! And, then later in the afternoon, I did the pilates I mentioned earlier.

Tomorrow morning I'll run! I'm going to do some kind of speed work. I might work on either 20 second runs or 400 meters...I'm not sure yet. It'll be nice when it is all laid out for me and I don't have to think so much about it... just DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment