Monday, July 4, 2011

Another 1st...waterskiing!!!

                                        

This weekend I learned to waterski! Yep! I'm 41, and I've tried twice before (about ages 10 & 17), but I actually learned to waterski this weekend!

Yesterday was my first try. One of my husband's friends was my coach. He got in the water with me and told me what to do and held my skis for me.

On my first try, I got pulled a little. He told me I needed to let the rope pull me up - not try to stand up. By the 3rd try, I got up and went a little ways. Yes! By the 4th try, I went far enough that they picked up my 'coach' and I was on my own. On my 5th try, I was skiing!!! I went for several minutes. WOW!!! What a feeling!

I had one more 'failed' attempt and one more successful ride. It was amazing!

Today we went again...after a HARD, 2 mile run. I had my fastest 2 miler EVER! (with my neighbor who is 61 and a FAST runner!) My goal: to learn to steer!

My first attempt was another 'failure', but I got up on the 2nd try...and skiied for a long time! I was even steering myself! I would go from one wake to the other! But, I was afraid to go over the wake. Finally, when we turned around, I went over the 'low' wake. Wow! I was even able to stay up while I went back over the wake. (I didn't know this was a 'no-no'! I was going on the inside of the boat's turn! Not safe...lesson learned.)

Anyway, I finally wiped out and I was DONE. I was so tired.

I woke up this morning with some aches and pains. Well, after the 2 miler and the long ski session...I'm SO SORE!!! I have a hurt ankle, a sore thigh, and my back is in prettty bad shape. I'm having trouble standing up, but feel fine when I'm sitting. **sigh** I guess I forgot how old I am!

But, I'm thrilled with my waterskiing. I can't WAIT to do it again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment