Wednesday, May 18, 2011

No Hip Pain! & On My Own

Yesterday I had my bike refitted and a flat tire fixed. Well, it went flat again almost immediately! (After 1 mile.) I honestly don't know if something was wrong with the tube, or I ran over some glass (again?), but they fixed my tire again today...for free. So, I was excited to try out my bike and see how my hips would do. After my last 2 rides, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do the long rides (like the MS 150 next spring) that I had dreamed of.

So, while my daughter was at swim practice, I went on almost an hour ride. I rode for 12 miles... and NO hip pain! Yeah!!!

Unfortunately, I do have a ganglion on my left hand that hasn't given me much problems in the past. Tonight, however, it was hurting. I had to keep readjusting my hand. It also helped when I moved my big Garmin watch away from my wrist. I hope I can figure out how to ride with this ganglion!

After I picked up my daughter, we went outside to have dessert. My daughter hopped in the pool for a short swim, and I decided to do a little strength exercising. My plan had been to go to CrossFit for a 2nd trial class today, but my dd really didn't want to go. And, I didn't want to make her go.

So, I did some ab work. Then some lunges...until my legs were BURNING. I did some tricep dips on the side of the spa. Then, I decided I'd try to jump up onto the spa. I think it is 18 inches. I could do it! So, I did that about 15 times and it felt wonderful.

Next, I headed out to the yard and tried a few handstands. Hmmm... my daughter was laughing. I wasn't getting up very far. I decided to try it next to the fence... and I could get up all the way! I could even get steady enough to be off the fence a bit! WOW!!! I'm 41, and I felt like a kid! I ended up doing this about 10 times...sometimes for about 10 seconds. I wonder if I'll feel it tomorrow???

My husband came home while I was finishing this up. I told him he had to come outside so I could show him my new 'thing'... AND embarrass our daughter! I don't know what he thought, but I was having a lot of fun! I'll try to get a photo tomorrow. I'll have to figure out what to do with my shirt as it is kinda falling down.

What about you? Have you tried anything new lately? I hope you are ENJOYING the journey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment