Friday, May 20, 2011

The Next Good Run...

I just posted this as a response to another person's post who had a bad run last weekend & was going to try again tomorrow. I thought I should just post it on my blog, too! So, here it is!

"Maybe you'll surprise yourself and have a wonderful run tomorrow after this time off. But, even if you don't, remember there are always good runs & bad runs!

Last night, after I ran, I went to the swimming pool to wait for my dd to finish her team practice. I started talking to this college 'girl' (young 20's) who I'd met at the meet last weekend. She, too, is a runner & had just done a run. (We passed each other going in opposite directions.)

I learned that she'd done the MS150 bike ride that I'm wanting to do - when she was 13! I asked her about it, and she said she didn't care for it that much.

Well, that led into me talking about my runs & bike rides of the past few weeks. I've had a few bike rides that have been so wonderful I was ready to give up running! Then, I had 2 rides in a row that were painful & 'yucky'... and I thought about giving up riding.

The same goes for running! Tuesday night's run was incredible! I felt like a runner! It was all good! Thursday night, I pushed so hard... and yet didn't accomplish what I thought I could do. I was a little bummed.

But, our discussion reminded us both... there are good days & bad days whether running or biking or whatever. Sometimes you can figure out the cause (like last night - I have worked out HARD for 5 days now - maybe it was just a little too much?) and other days you can't. But, we get back out there because there are good days!

I hope tomorrow is a good day, but if not... keep running because you never know when that next good run will happen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment