Thursday, May 19, 2011

2 Mile Tempo Run

I am learning to do different kinds of runs. In the past, I either did a long run or a short run. I've been working on intervals the past few weeks. And, tonight I did a tempo run. (At least, that's what I think it is called!)

My goal was to warm up for about a mile and then run 2 miles at a fairly hard pace. I was hoping to keep it under 12 minute/miles. Well, I did...barely. Mile 1 was 11:50 and mile 2 was 11:46. And, it was about all I could do! I was SO tired afterwards! I still had .2 miles to get home, and I usually get a 2nd wind and run it. I couldn't... I just walked home.

And, I'm a little disappointed. I thought trying to stay at 12 min/miles was a little conservative. It wasn't! And, I could NOT have done another 1.1 mile (for a 5K) today. Well, I guess that's why I'm still training!

Tomorrow I'd planned on doing a bike ride while my daughter is at swim practice. But, I have worked out hard all week...since Sunday! So, I might take the day off and ride Saturday evening instead. I have my next long run on Sunday. I think I'm going to run for 90 minutes. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment