Monday, October 4, 2010

Breaking in My New Bike!

After my 5K on Saturday, I drove up to our lake house. I thought I'd shower, eat some lunch, and then have a nap, but I ended up going out on the jet skis with my husband. Then, my daughter wanted to go bike riding, so I hopped on and we went for a ride!

I just got my bike on Friday, so Saturday was my first ride. I told my daughter that her bike is no comparison to mine. (She's 9.) My wheels are so much bigger and I have gears to shift through! I had to go really slow and keep stopping for her - especially on the hills. We rode almost 4 miles. Then, I went in and took a nap.

I went on another ride Sunday afternoon. This time by myself. I ended up going almost 7 miles. I have quite a few hills and enjoyed challenging myself! And, I enjoyed 'flying' DOWN the hills.

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I went on my first bike rides in MANY years this summer when I borrowed a bike while in New Mexico. That time, my neck and my 'seat' hurt during and afterwards.

This time, my neck still hurt. But, I took the bike in today and had it readjusted. Hopefully it'll be better! And, I got some gel shorts that my saleslady recommended. They were GREAT! I rode 2 days in a row with minimal discomfort! She had recommended a $100 pair, but I told her I didn't need that much yet. So, her 2nd recommendation was on sale for $45. Much better! And, they work great.

I forgot to take photos but I'll try to do it soon!

(Countdown: 172 days until Half Marathon)
(Today's Exercise: nothing ... We ran errands from 3 - 7:30 and then had to do dinner and finish up some school work. There just wasn't time - or I didn't make time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment