Thursday, October 7, 2010

850 Calories!

I had an amazing day today. First of all, we went to the doctor to have my daughter's wrist x-rayed after our bike incident. No broken bones! Yeah!

After I dropped her off at our co-op, I went and worked out HARD for 40 minutes with my personal trainer. We spent about 30 minutes on my legs and did some new exercises that were incredibly hard. Then we did about 10 minutes of HARD work on my arms!

Next, he took me on a bike ride. Part of the time we were on a bike/jogging trail and part of the time we were on the edge of a fairly busy street. He was teaching me about cadence and proper form. With cadence, you are supposed to choose a steady rhythm to pedal. Then, you change gears to stay with that cadence! You should pick a pace you could do for hours. We rode for 40 minutes and covered almost 7 miles.

After that, I taught my two classes at co-op and then we headed to AHG, American Heritage Girls, which is very similar to Girl Scouts. While my daughter was there, I went running with another mom! We ran for 30 minutes which I'm guessing was about 2 miles.

After AHG, we went to Christian roller skating night with some AHG friends. We were gone from before 8 am until about 8:30 pm! Long day!!!

But, it was worth it! I burned almost 850 calories! The most I've ever burned before was 600. And, I actually didn't eat that much. I had to 'make' myself eat dinner and had grapes for dessert.

I did have to stop and buy some ALEVE on the way to the skating rink as my hips & legs were starting to ache. And, no, I didn't skate! I was tired!

I soaked in the tub when I got home and it's a little before 10 and I'm getting ready to go to sleep.

(Countdown to Half Marathon: 169 days)
(Today's Training: weights (40 mins); bike (40 mins/7 miles); run (30 mins/2 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment