Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bike Wreck!

Yes, I just got my new bike on Friday and I had a wreck today.


My daughter and I were riding our bikes around the neighborhood tonight. We were both in the street and she decided to ride on the sidewalk. She went up one driveway and I sped up a little to pull alongside her. Well, she changed her mind and didn't tell me. She zipped down the next short driveway and "BAM"... right into the side of me! We both tumbled to the ground. I landed on the street and she landed somewhat on top of me.

I got a 2 inch long scrape on my forearm and a small scrape on my wrist. My daughter hurt her wrist, though we hope it'll be fine. She broke her other wrist last November, so I hope that isn't the case this time!

I also dinged up my bike just a bit. The wrapping on the handlebars has a little chunk taken out of it. That's the only damage I've seen so far. I rode the bike home after the wreck and it seemed to be working fine. I guess I'll take it in and have it checked out, though.

Sorry I still haven't taken photos of my bike! Someone asked what kind it is. It is a Scott Speedster S30. I bought it at a chain (Sun and Ski Sports) which is nice because I can take it into any of their stores at any time and have it checked out. Also, they honor their regular 30 day return/90 day credit policy... though they said it was only if it hadn't been in a big wreck.

I worked out a lot today, but I ate really poorly. I think it was emotional eating. My arm was really stinging for about an hour and I was just upset to have crashed my brand new bike. I've eaten quite a bit of junk today. And, that was after burning almost 600 calories today! Yuck! I'll have to get back on track tomorrow. And, I'm hoping my arm doesn't get too stiff and I can stick with my workouts!

(Countdown: 171 days until Half Marathon)
(Today's workout: ran 3.6 miles, upper/lower strength training, 2 mile bike ride, 600 calories BURNED!)

No comments:

Post a Comment