Monday, June 13, 2011

Beach Run

We are in Florida for vacation. This morning, I got up at 6:20 & headed to the beach for a run. We'd walked on the beach last night and I was 'itching' to run on the beach.

I had just read a little article that said the best way to run on the beach was barefoot. Sounded good to me! So, off I ran.

The beach was beautiful! The sun was a big red ball. There were only a few other people on the beach...a few fishermen & a few other runners - who were all wearing shoes. I loved the feel of the wet sand on my feet & thought they didn't know what they were missing. But...I thought too soon!

After about a mile m big toes were hurting a little. I checked to make sure they weren't getting bloody or raw & they looked OK. I kept running. It was beautiful! And I was running pretty fast!

At 1 2/3rds mile I was up against a jetty. I saw about a dozen surfers in the water, but they weren't catching ant waves. I stopped & looked around & soaked my feet a few minutes while enjoying the scenery. Then, I started to run again.

Well, my toes started hurting more including the toes next t the big toes. At about 2.5 miles, I finally decided I had to stop running. One of my toes was really raw & painful. So much for running barefoot in the sand!

I will head out again tomorrow morning...with shoes on! I hope to run a lot farther, but we'll see how it goes! I mainly want to ENJOY the run!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their Monday's! Oh, and I'll try to figure out a way to take a photo in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment