Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Today's Run...another 5K Pr!

I enjoyed Zumba with my daughter last night, and a great 3 mile run today. My coach had given me a challenging workout, and I went to bed worried that I couldn't do it. But, I was determined to do my best!

My assignment was to run 3 miles...the 1st mile at 12:38, 2nd at 11:38, and 3rd at 12:15. Well, I did even better than that! I did 12:34 (better by :04), 11:27 (better by :11), and 11:31 (better by :44!). I ran the last mile at about 12:00 for the first half, and then picked up speed. I ran close to 11:00 and even below for the 2nd part of it.

I hit 3 miles at 35:31!!! (Yeah!)

I had decided I was going to go for 3.1 miles to see my 5K time. I PUSHED it that last 1/10th of a mile. Ran an 8:58 pace for almost 53 seconds. 5K time: 36:23! My outdoor PR was 36:40! So, I beat it!!! Yeah!

This was a HARD run, but I'm learning a lot! I'm learning that:
I can see a hard workout, give it my best, and SUCCEED!
I need to see a challenge that looks hard, and yet I enjoy pushing the limit & beating it!
I CAN RUN for 3.1 miles WITHOUT walking! I've now done it 3x!

I have pilates this afternoon, too. It's my first hour session and my first 30 minute session left me barely able to walk!! So, I'm hoping it's a great workout, but that I can still do a bike ride tomorrow night. Yep! I'm hoping back on the bike after last week's fall...same group & everything! I WILL ride without falling tomorrow night, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment