Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm a triathlete who is dreading swimming!

Dreading laps, that is. I have not swam laps since my 2nd sprint tri which was May 10th, I believe. I wasn't sure I ever wanted to do another tri. I was scared during the open water swim. And, swimming laps sounds like drudgery right now. And, I feel like my form isn't so great, so why keep practicing with poor form?

So, why am I headed out to swim laps this morning?

#1...because it's good for me! I had a REALLY hard run yesterday, and my legs need a rest.I also have a tough run coming up tomorrow. I'd rather go do a couple of classes, but it'd be better for my body to SWIM! (No impact, works entire body, gives legs some rest.) So, I've made the TOUGH choice & decided to go for it.

#2...because I DO want to do a triathlon again next spring and I need to get over this fear!

I'll let you know how it goes!!! And, I do plan on joining some kind of weekly group this fall. I just haven't quite figured out the specifics!

Here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment