Monday, August 15, 2011

Changing up the runs is FUN!

Today my coach had me do a different kind of run. I warmed up for a mile (as always!) and then did the following. 1 min at 12:45 pace, 1 min at 11:45 pace, 1 min at 10:45 pace, and 1 min at 9:45 pace. Then, I was allowed a recovery minute (I slowly jogged the first time but walked the others) and then I started it all again! I did this 4 times. Then, I ran a little longer and ended up doing 3.4 miles.

First of all, my Garmin isn't quite sensitive enough to tell me immediately what my pace is...it often takes half a minute for it to figure it out! So, it was basically impossible to do these paces correctly. (It'd been better to do on a treadmill.) I actually just kept bumping up the pace every minute...and ended up at about 9:00 instead of 9:45.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying all of these different kinds of runs! It's fun to watch my watch and try different speeds. I don't know how to explain it, but it is so much better than just running 'x' miles or 'x' minutes every time!

Hope you are having a great start to your week! I guess I'll be hitting the pool in the morning. Not my favorite thing, but I found a new drill I'm going to work on. Hopefully, it'll help!

No comments:

Post a Comment