Thursday, August 11, 2011

3x800 & Strength Training...ouch!

This morning, I did my 3x800 run...outside in the heat, though at 6:30 in the morning. I started out by running 1 mile at about 12:50. Then, I walked for about 2 mins. I did take walk breaks (actual WALK breaks) between each run. Then, I started my three 800s.

My coach wanted me to stay at about 5:10-5:20 for each 800. That's about 10:20-10:40 per mile pace. Well, my times were 5:09, 5:07, and 5:06! I was trying to stay between 5:10-5:20, but my Garmin watch is acting up a bit so I couldn't keep it really steady. I was really tired after this and finally ran another 1/2 mile at about a 13:20 pace. I'd planned on running a total of 4 miles, but only ran 3. This was both because I was TIRED and I needed to get back so my hubby could leave for work.

About 2 hours later, I met with my old strength trainer. (She's also my 'buddy' from my 2nd sprint triathlon...it was her first tri, and my 2nd.) WOW!!! She worked me out HARD!!! First, we did some leg works...and my legs were already tired. But, I appreciated it! Then, we did a LOT of upper body training. I've really been neglecting my upper body.

A few things we did...
20 pushups (3 times)...BUT, we did it on an incline (with feet on ground & arms on bench) and I had to go to the floor on my kneeds for the last set. Yikes!! I really want to work back up to 20 pushups at a time!
45 second plank...BUT, I had worked up to 90 seconds! I probably could have done 10 more seconds, but not much more.

Anyway, everything she asked of me was so hard! But, back in April I would have done a lot better. I need to decide if I'm going to start paying for a trainer again, or being more dedicated on my own...or even start going to a weekly group class! (School starts next Thursday so I'll have a lot of time.)

Tomorrow is FRIDAY (yeah!) and I plan on doing a 45 minute 'indoor cycling' class. This is like the 'endurance' class I did on Monday, but this one is called 'race day'. Hmmm. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment